adbright

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Does the President get to go on Unemployment if no budget deal is reached tonight?

Does the President get to go on unemployment if no budget deal is reached tonight?

my meeting with the President/ part 2/ update

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

part 1 originally posted 04/2010, authors other stories mentioned in this story are from April 2010 and before

My Meeting with our President/ part two is after part 1

fiction
edward w pritchard

see An anti war sentiment for President Obama-for background January blog [jan 2010]

Part 1

I got shy at my meeting with our President and let him do the talking.

We were at the old Wal Mart on Arlington in Akron, and we had 8 minutes and twenty seconds together. Jo, the arranger/bodyguard, one of four body guards with us, was relentless when it came to watching the seconds in Our President's schedule. The Wal Mart was not a super store, or a mega store like they probably have down in the DC area where all the Country's money ends up, but the old Akron Wal Mart is comfortable and a very modern iconic American institution and a good place for our brief meeting.

Something I wrote had came to our President's attention.[ see Wat Tyler stay on your horse, An anti war sentiment for President Obama with all due respect, Jesus the unseen guest-January blog]. After a brief fury of phone calls I was sitting in the cafe at Wal Mart and I was behaving shyly.

Mr. President, you don't have to call him that, broke the ice, he is a good conversationalist, naturally. We talked about our children. Two Father's, different situations, lives a million miles apart, ancient common ground.

He asked me about baseball. How did he know I was a long suffering fan of the Cleveland Indians? His research staff I guess, or he likes baseball and knows that anyone from the top half of Ohio is a long suffering Indians fan. Actually what he asked me was insightful and provocative. Seriously, I doubt if he reads what I write so some one must have briefed him [see the piano comes to America part 8 for author's views on American Indians]. President Obama asked me if I was uncomfortable with the name Cleveland Indians, that is if it was derogatory. I explained that to me all Americans are part American Indian spiritually, part of our good part, and each must decide for himself on such conflicts between commerce and spiritual matters.

Your not allowed to write some things after you talk to the President for 31 days. Jo, the arranger has you sign a disclaimer and agreement, 24 pages, 5 copies, I already lost my copy so hopefully if I give an example it won't compromise international relations. You can't talk in detail about oranges if you had lunch with the President. Oranges are very dependent on the upcoming weather, and so is Oil, America is co dependent on Oil, and the President's opinion or lack of one on what's happening with oil is forbidden to discuss; Wall Street sympathizers are every where and we must all be careful what we say.

When you are with the President at Wal Mart avoid the magazine section. It's embarrassing to stand with him and see the headlines and the cruel things media say about him. He's just like us, one man trying to do a difficult job. Except his schedule is protected by a warden. It makes me nervous to have Jo, the bodyguard/arranger follow us around. He keeps looking at his blackberry, but I bet it's a stop watch counting backwards from 8 minutes and twenty seconds.

I can't discuss the real reason President Obama wanted to talk me, it's forbidden. It was however, about the Country's education system. I have been substitute teaching. Mr President noticed I do a lot of editorializing in my writing and then try to disguise it as fiction. He wanted to ask me about the standardized testing. I can't talk in this blog but will soon, it will be in disguised as fiction but the author is as transparent as a pretty hippy girl's pink silk shirt in 1968, so you will find my true opinion just read and [click after, love those sponsors].

President Obama is bound by a lot of secrecy and can't say a lot of things. For example[ see retraction and apology same author April blog] did you know he refuses to discuss the sorrowful plight of the American woodchuck? I feel like a friend after spending 8 minutes and 20 seconds with Mr. President and he ended our meeting with, concerning the woodchucks, no comment.

Well my times up, those eight minutes and twenty seconds are now ancient history, the meetings over and I bought Mr. President two kinds of fine cheeses and crackers at Wal Mart for the flight back to DC. If every American got 8 minutes with the President, it would take him 3805 years, of non stop meetings to see them all and if they all bought him two kinds of fine cheeses at Wal Mart it would take him a real long time to eat all that cheese.
end part 1

part 2 my meeting with the President
October 16, 2013

Mr. President, Do you get to go on unemployment if a bi partisan compromise on the budget crisis is not reached tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment