adbright

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I saw the fear in our leaders faces

I saw the fear in our leaders faces

fiction
edward w Pritchard

It's me speaking from deep underground. I have just seen the fear in our leaders faces.

You know those guys in Washington DC who are supposed to keep a handle on things, maintain order and stability and represent even me who is deep underground. I often miss things and keep out of sight but I am sure of what I saw on their visages, in the picture, on the television or was it in an internet article.

I heard that the government was shut down and out of curiosity I thought I should check it out. My dealings with the government are minimal anymore; maybe a tax penalty from ten years ago or a late on late notice or something like that. I leave them alone and they just can't find me anymore.

Still they represent me. I am sure that was their implicit promise. Now they have let things fly apart.

Who will put together a health insurance plan for us that has a 40% co-pay and who will punish the Syrians now?

They were in a picture. They weren't staring into History. Just men, and a few women and they looked afraid, and tired.

I've just seen a face I can't forget the time and place- da da da dah da dah. [1]

1. Beatles- of course,

No comments:

Post a Comment