adbright

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

on the road to Nineveh

on the road to Nineveh

Jonah goes to Nineveh: Jonah=Us
Jonah second guesses God's will; Jonah=us
 
fiction
edward w Pritchard
 
On the road to Nineveh by a circuitous route. Three days in cramped second class quarters after being tossed into stormy seas by sailors of circumstance.
I try to obey God's orders but they don't just make sense. Nineveh; 120,000 against one. Ifs God's so powerful, commanding nature and whales and what have yous,  why does he need me to speak for him? Am I really hearing him at all?
I must look a ghastly sight. Three days digested acids in the belly of the whale of waiting. Ghostly white and hollow to espy, repentance genuine; to Nineveh.
Walk about in sackcloth waiving my arms like a madman. Hide under the vine of truth, a fine red wine, end up later nailed to the cross for three days.
Nineveh, what say you now? 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment