adbright

Friday, October 11, 2013

we must go along way to impress the rich and famous; a tribute to Lebron James part 2

we must go along way to impress the rich and famous

fiction
edward w Pritchard

We must go a long way to impress the rich and famous.

I am a hanger on; one of those types who travel along uninvited trying to make a living being around rich and famous people.

Here I am digging up an old grave about twenty miles from New Orleans. A gambler died here in 1957; a modest grave stone marks his head and no one remembers his name, he wasn't probably missed by two crying women at his funeral.

That dead gambler back in 1957 didn't go out without style however and a little claim to fame. The grave I am digging up tonight shelters a New Orleans gambler who was buried with a pair of vintage Edwin Clapp shoes. Baby brown high tops, lace up, in the classic European antik style, size sixteen.

 I found the location of these boots about a month ago after a little research. It's the only pair of Edwin Clapp shoes of this variety left and the only known pair of the very sought after style of high top brown classic shoe/boot in size 16 boot left in the world.

A few weeks ago several NBA players were talking about Mr. Lebron James being named one of this years best dressed men. Lebron James was there and to impress him I said I could get the last known pair of Edwin Clapp lace up antik brown dress boots for him. Lebron called me on that, and he offered to pay very well if I delivered to him the size sixteen brown boots before the late fall GQ magazine awards ceremony.

Digging isn't that hard in the wet climate down here on the bayou. The ground in this grave yard is sinking away and the dirt turns easily. I just hope the shoes are intact. Of course they didn't put them on the dead gamblers feet there in his coffin. My research leads me to believe that the size sixteen Edwin Clapp brown boots are in a waterproof sealed leather pouch. This gambler here in the coffin paid a lot extra in 1957 to have those Edwin Clapp's look nice for him someday in the sweet by and by,when the roll is called up yonder.

I just hope the waterproof leather bag protected the last pair of vintage classic Edwin Clapp brown boots; we must go a long way to impress the rich and famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment