adbright

Saturday, October 26, 2013

take news, use words

take news, use words

fiction
edward w pritchard


People take news differently. Momma folded up. Starting with her fingers. Fingers rolls into hands, hands into wrists, like a praying mantis, momma rolled up wrists into arms, arms and legs rolled into her body like a centipede. In that shell Momma stayed from then on. Roy walked to the fence. Roy looked to the right and put his hands on the wood fence. Splinters grabbed Roy's hands, splinters full of resin, resin burned Roy's fingers and hands. Roy's hands burned from resin.

Momma said " oh my god ". Actresses on stage all say those words differently. Momma folded up and said "oh my god". Roy said nothing. Roy whistled once and tried to pull down the fence. Later Roy said "tend to the chores".

I ran to the barn. I hid in the hay. I'll move far away later.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment