adbright

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Where will my Shrink hold group counseling today? part 4

Where will my shrink hold group counseling today/ part 4

fiction
edward w pritchard

My psychologist has assigned the six members of his therapy group to write a short story during our class today. He must be taking a correspondence school course on new techniques for dealing with struggling patients. Not really, these people are OK, sometimes everyone everywhere seems to me like they should be a patient in therapy. No one seems to thrive anymore.

I am no writer as you can see but I always keep my stories short. I hate it when Dante spends a thousand pages writing about Beatrice or Petrarch goes on and on about Laura. Worse is a homosexual like Proust, he can spend six hundred pages writing about one boring day in his life.

My story is going to be about a guy who can only get interested sexually in the wives of the American presidents. Just the wives who are still alive and his love is always from afar. I'll have it start when he is a teenager with President Carter's wife, the Christian woman, and then go forward from there. As an example I'll have in the story that the guy gets the nerve and figures out a way to call Hillary Clinton on the phone but then he is too nervous to talk to her when she answers the phone there at the White house. I won't mention Michelle Obama while her husband is in office, out of respect to them both. I have a few ideas about Laura Bush.

It's always hard for me to start a short story, but once I get going I can go on and on for a long time. Eventually though you just have to jump in and start writing.

My psychologist has assigned the six members of his therapy group to write a short story
end part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment